I’ve never eaten a Pukka Pie, nor do I ever intend to. This could mean that their adverts are absolutely useless as they seemingly fail to do the one thing they’re supposed to do – sell pies.
That kind of thinking is wrong though. Pukka Pie posters are not intended to sell stuff. They’re meant to simply astound through their incomprehensible brilliance.
Unfotunately, I couldn’t find each poster in a large size to post here, so I’ll just have to show you some of my favourites one at a time…enjoy, and please let me know if you’re tempted to eat pie after looking at these.
1. The Sci-Fi Angle – they’ve done more than one like this. Maybe geeks love their pastry?
2. Sexy Angle – Oh, the marketing guys at Pukka know how to pull off sexy. Which of us haven’t snuggled into bed with a loved one and a blonde to share it with?
3. Scary Cheese Angle – They may have missed the mark with this one, but it’s certainly memorable, like the first time you saw a rabbit skinned or a lamb emerge from its mother’s womb only to burst into some sort of alien creature.
4. The “Uh..What?” Angle – Yeah, I don’t get this one. Which is why it’s brilliant. ‘Fantasise with Pukka Pies’ it says…why!? Because it’s awesome.
5. The Married/Punning Angle – If the guys at Pukka HQ don’t use a random image generator for their marketing posters, then the creative team is clearly full of the most revolutionary thinkers of the modern age. This ad has everything: no point, bad punning, and of course, Pukka pies.
6. More Sexy, Sexy Angle – Is this the hottest thing you’ve ever seen? Yes? Then clearly you haven’t been romancing the ladies in the font seat of your 80s creamy leather-mobile. Or you haven’t been accepting enough invitations from creepy guys driving up and offering you a meaty treat. Still, I fancy the girl from this ad and I fancy her even more because she endorses Pukka Pies, who are my brand of the week.